Rocker Switches - China
Rocker Switches house a button for operation that can be pressed on either end like a seesaw to connect or disconnect an electrical circuit.
They are often used as ON/OFF switches on the main power supplies for electronic devices.
The name “rocker switch” comes from the rocking motion that the switch makes when the button is pressed.
It is also sometimes called a seesaw switch.
|Small Size High-capacity Switching||Our improvements to the contact materials and switch design has enabled us to produce miniature ON/OFF switches for the main power supplies on office automation and other equipment.|
|Tetains the Set Value||The operation button itself clearly indicates the ON/OFF status, allowing for a visual confirmation to prevent incorrect operation.|
Rocker Switches are used to turn the main power supplies on electronic devices ON and OFF.
Rocker Switches have three ratings (the maximum current that the switch can handle): 10A, 16A and 20 A.
The rating almost completely determines the external size of the switch, but we are working to miniaturize these switches further through improvements to the design and contact materials.
For example, we have successfully miniaturized the portion that protrudes from the panel surface of our 16 A rated rocker switch from 25 mm × 32 mm to 17 mm × 24 mm and even further down to 15 mm × 21 mm. We also have Sealed Types, Illuminated Types and Resettable Types.
(D × W)
First, determine the rating of the Rocker Switch you need based on the current capacity to switch.
Sealed Rocker Switches consist of an operation button, sealing rubber, semi-elliptical spring, internal case, lid, cover, contacts and terminals.
- Operation Button
- This button is manually pressed by a person to switch between ON and OFF.
Some switches have symbols printed on the button to indicate the ON/OFF status.
- Sealing Rubber
- This is a rubber component used to seal the switch.
It prevents moisture and foreign objects from entering the internal case that contains the contacts and other core components of the switch.
- Semi-elliptical Spring
- This is a semi-elliptical leaf spring with a contact attached to the end.
When the operation button is in the ON position, the semi-elliptical spring instantly moves the contact to the fixed contact and exerts high contact force for a stable contact between the two.
However, when in the OFF position, the release force of the contact is increased which also helps to prevent contact welding.
- Internal Case and Lid
- The components that make up the switch mechanism (terminals, contacts and semi-elliptical spring) are stored in the internal case, which is then sealed on top with the lid.
- The cover is a resin component that covers the sealed internal case and is used to secure the sealing rubber into place.
The cover is also designed so that the switch can be easily mounted into a square hole in a panel.
- Contacts and Terminals
- The fixed contact is made by attaching a contact to the end of one of the terminals.
Power Supply Switches for Consumer Electronics, PC Peripherals, and Office/Commercial Equipment
- Air purifiers, dehumidifiers, etc.
- Monitors, copiers, printers, etc.
- Power supplies, measuring equipment, etc.